2013-01-26

Immersion in Sounds: Topophonia


Four artists, Oberon Onmura, Eupalinos Ugajin, Maya Paris and Alpha Auer created installations with sounds.


Oberon about the project: "My idea for this residency was to ask 3 fellow artists each to create an artwork all using the same concept. I would also create my own version. (Although, my version shouldn't be thought of as 'definitive'.) The concept is simple: use **sounds only** to guide an avatar around a build. I asked them to avoid providing visual cues for avatars to use in reaching whatever kind of goals the artists envisioned.


You will find four completely different pieces, four totally different visions of what that initial concept suggested. To me, the fact that our four versions are so different is tremendously exciting. It is further proof that the artist's mind is unlimited in its ability to make sense of the world, and to convey that sense to others.


Please be sure to visit all four installations. You will find TP kiosks on each level, and on the ground if you should somehow end up there. Have fun!"


Let me add that Maya provides a crazy fun outfit and Alpha a beautiful avatar with male and female skin, which I pimped a  bit. Not alone with those, with all installations I had lots of fun. The sounds urged me to explore a bit slower as usual. Especialyl Oberon's work drove me mad at the beginning until I checked how to get through. Brilliant! You should not miss!


Meet the artists today. Sunday at 1 PM SLT!

Taxi: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/HUMlab/90/193/351


No comments: