2012-03-12

Surrealism in Aghanistan

A while ago I Betty Tureaud, showed me already the beautiful scenery she has created in the Afghan mountains of Trill Zapatero’s museum and I was thrilled. The barren area is an unreal, almost extraterrestrial ocean of colors.
Vaneeesa Blaylock + Betty Tureaud
The project is a collaboration of the gallery Xue Faith with Betty Tureaud and Vaneeesa Blaylock. The installation was built for an action of Vaneeesa, which took place on Saturday. I must confess that I did not understood neither the announcement  nor what I saw on Saturday: Avatars in latex outfits frozen like sculptures - a bit like the happenings in the Sixties.
But whatever it was, it was colorful and funny. The installation contains a number of scripts which produce fireworks when you walk around. Interesting as the whole Afghanistan museum.

Taxi: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Four%20Bridges%20Exhibit/106/131/997



P.S.: Betty told me the way that her beautiful installation in cool winter colors is still inwold.Taxi: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Araman/154/89/3241


No comments: